Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gettin' Ready


Okay...Feeling much better about heading out of town next week!! All ready for SPARK... 1 studio, 12 makers, 72 hours of creative collaboration with a group of fine craftspersons from many disciplines. Check out the link and you can go to the websites of the other artists. The event will them evolve into an exhibtion and auction in October. Can't wait to see what we create together! We will head to the glass blowing studio first (Jane and I - and Fish, the pottery dog-are the "we") and have a BBQ with beverages (thanks to one of our sponsors, the Wellington Brewery) with all the other participants of "Spark". We are staying in a lovely place. I had anticipated sleeping in sleeping bags on a barn floor, so my expectations were low! It's going to be a great few days with some amazing creative energy.


I have everything ready for the following week in Wisconsin at the Midwest felters Symposium other than completeing my powerpoint presentation. I am speaking to an audience that has probably already seen images of wool fibres under the miscroscope and the first felts found in ancient tombs, so I have to tweek my existing presentation. I will probably focus on my work and other arists who have inspired me. Once I have about 100 images filed in, the rest is just talking, which comes easy for me.


The guilt and angst will creep in and out, no doubt. But, I will muscle through and be in the moment wherever I am. This is all we can do, No?




2 comments:

Pam de Groot said...

You go and have a wonderful time knowing you will come back with new interest and ideas and therefore happiness for your family.
Your thoughts on the last couple of posts have interested me greatly.

Anonymous said...

found you thru facebook fiberfreaks and your work really resonates for me. greats stuff. very simpatico w my vision and I hope you dont find that insulting.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus