Sunday, July 26, 2009

TAXI !!

This is one of the pieces that will be at the auction that I started at Spark and just finished... Glass by Mark Lewis of Beaver Valley Glassworks.

This is me all packed up.
I am sure I have forgotten something.

No, really...I am actually packing very light as I shipped all the materials for the workshops ahead to help limit customs issues. One suitcase and my computer bag and I am good to go. I have not even packed yet, truth be told, but have it all set aside and ready. 3 workshops at the Midwest Felters Symposium in 5 days and then back home. Felted figures, pictorial felting, a lecture and dimensional landscapes. Nothing too complicated- all beginner classes but it will be lots of fun to connect with some felting friends and meet some new ones, too.

The boys will miss me (and I them) but we will all hopefully be too busy to notice too much. My mother has taken some time off work to be with the boys and I hope that once I return we can do some fun things before I leave again mid-August for the Felters Fling and a workshop with Karoliina Arvilommi from Finland. See you in Wisconsin!


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

2 comments:

Pam de Groot said...

Thankyou for commenting on my blog. It's good to know that others have had the same dilemma. The balance as you say seems near impossible. I resigned from my school teaching to give this a good go and plan to do more of the adult workshops cause for me they are less work. When you mentioned the exhibitions, did the galleries approach you or do you go out and approach them? To not have the pressure of sales would be great. You will love India she is warm and generous spirit. Congrats on the exhibition!

Ginga Squid said...

Have a good one!

That piece is amazing - I would SO SO love to learn how to felt around glass so amazingly neatly and precisely!

Safe journey.

V x

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus