Friday, October 9, 2009

On the Road Again


After a busy weekend of taking kids here and there, Canadian Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, and trying to cram in making another scarf to take, I am off to Massachusetts to visit my beautiful friend, Chris White, author of Uniquely Felt. I am spending the last of my grant from the Ontario Arts Council and taking Chris' "Felting Lab". I will spend 4 days up close and personal with lots of wool and taking a structured scientific approach in the creation of felt with Chris' guidance. I am so, so ready for this and find that I am ready to really deepen my understanding of the process and result and challenge myself in whatever way I can.

I have a submission to put together before I leave and I will take a couple of scarves for Chris' gallery shop at New England Felting Supply I have another entry to put together as soon as I return...then work for the galleries and my show...The timing for this lab is so perfect, I have a tear in my eye. To have all that I have worked so hard for in my heart, and head, and fingertips ready to turn inward in my studio is such a gift.

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Well, thanks so much Andrea, I now have Willie Nelson's rendition of "On the Road Again" going through my head. Actually, that's not so bad, I actually like Willie!

I'm green with envy...A "felting lab"...How cool!

Wow! You and Chris together...Now, I'd love to witness all the creative energy flying about with the two of you in the same room. I'm going to grab my copy of Chris' book, and just pretend I'm right there with you two. Maybe someday.
Can't wait to hear all about the "lab". Have a great time.

Dawn

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus