Saturday, February 27, 2010

Delivered!! (art that is)

Oh, okay...so, I did not really "deliiiiiver" in the true sense, but I did deliver 15 pieces of fine felted art to the John M. Parrott Gallery. That counts for something, I would say. No? The labour pains were less intense over a much longer period, but there are some parallels. Work with me.

I went to load up and realized I had not sewn on a hanging device. So, last minute stitching and pack up the van. I had my lists with images and hanging instructions so the curator and hanger would know how I wanted them hung. I was greeted at the back door by Bernard, the man who will hang the show according to the curators placement. When I began explaining things, he shared the number of shows and pieces he has hung to date and I thought, Okay, I'll shut-up now!

The Curator, Susan Holland, and I unpacked and did some placement and I am very excited to see it all hung. Of course, I have been staring at these pieces for months, but seeing Susan see them all for the first time was fun. She promised she would stop giggling by show time. I am looking forward to next week when Tracy Olan will set up lights and peer through her lense with her artists eye and capture the pieces in print-worthy glory.

Now, I have an empty nest, the "kids" are away at the gallery, hanging out with the rowdy crowd, not doubt....they say the pod does not fall too far from the tree (is that what they say?)



Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you!

Tracy said...

I love this post Andrea...

Ginga Squid said...

Hope you are going to 'wet the baby's head' in celebration?!!!! I think you definately deserve it!

jane thelwell said...

I can't wait to see it at the opening! What a relief it must be to have this all "out of your court" and off tot he curator.

GRISCHArte said...

It's a pity that you live so far away. I would love to see them real.
Congratulation, you done it, the baby is finally delivered.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus