Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Work




Finish... (that's a sunbeam not the design, FYI) "Modern Landscape II and III"



Start...




These are 2 pieces for my show and will hang with the larger long green one. I decided with all the sculptural work, some 2D work was needed. The colour will go nicely with the pods and other coloured pieces. It is funny to think I have been largely in neutrals for so long. I Love neutrals, but I found at another show my work disappeared into the wall. This gallery has excellent lighting, so less of an issue, but I will be so curious to see these pieces hanging in the gallery. My hands are, once again, bleeding, so a day of rest/sketching/layout is ahead. I also have things to do away from the studio tomorrow and family festivites this weekend. It may be a good time to clean up the studio, put away some things and have a fresh start. That always feels so good!



Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

5 comments:

Ginga Squid said...

I like the bold colours and the style of those pieces. Hope your hands recover soon? It was worth the bleeding though - they are stunning! You don't half suffer for the sake of your art Andrea!!!

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Hands will be fine! I'm really not a whiner! Thanks!

Mattie van den Heuvel said...

They are beautifull! A shame I can't come and see them for real at your show!

Mattie

Pam de Groot said...

Wow. I have never got to the bleeding hands stage. Hope you can recover quickly

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I never get tired of your blog .. always something really really nice to see here. Your work haunts me, you know, because your lines and edges are so perfect .... I am making a supply list to try a bit of wet felting ... think a nuno, or laminated scarf to start. If it doesn't work out, it will make good clothing fabric for a needle felted wizard. Thank you for sharing.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus