Friday, May 21, 2010

Today


Detail...



Simple "bucket" bag
Today I had a meeting at the University to discuss my upcoming Artist and Educator in Residence. I will be busier than I had originally thought, but I am looking forward to it. I will be teaching a workshop every day and some days twice a day. I have a great space with big windows. My days have space blocked off for "me" time, but I anticipate I will spend my days preparing for workshops and cleaning up. I got home today and finished felting a little bag I had laid out yesterday. I did not feel like felting ropes, so this was my solution. Once I have a few more, they will go to the OCC Guild Shop in Toronto. Time to clean up and think about the rest of my busy day.


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice!!!! Your colors never go muddy ... that's experience I assume. I'm playing around but have found it safe to stick to two colors to prevent them all blending into an unattractive non color.

Plastusia said...

I like such shape of bags. Nice colours.

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Hi Andrea,

I love this bag. If you don't mind my asking, what type of wool are you using? I have oodles of merino, but I'm sure that's not the best wool for sturdy bag making. Anyway, this is gorgeous!

Thank you,
Dawn

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Hey Dawn,
You are right. Merino is not the wool to use for sturdy bag making. The wool I used was mostly c1/pelsull from new England Felting supply. It is wonderful for anything such as bags. It is slower to get started than merino, but it makes a great felt. I actually have a layer of natural black fin in there under the colour and you could do the same with a layer of merino to speed up the process. The merino would also give it a nice texture as those wools felt at different rates, for one reason. I know Chris is getting a shipment in this week. I think I will do a post on "wool".

Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right said...

Thanks so much for all of the information, Andrea. I was actually looking at the NEFS site earlier this week and saw all of their gorgeous color selections. If only I'd hit the lottery jackpot, I'd buy the whole lot!

By the way, congratulations on your artist/educator in residence position...They are awfully lucky to have you. Wish I were one of the students:-)

Thanks again for the post. I appreciate it.

Dawn

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus