Friday, January 7, 2011

Just for Me

Totally an "Andrea" vest

A little closer...

...and the back


It rarely happens that I create something with the intention of it being for me, for keeps. Yes, I sometimes make a piece for "me" that ends up being shipped out along with all the other things I fall in love with as I make them, but not this one. I do always love the last one I made the best. That being said, this is my new "love". I know I will enjoy wearing this when I teach. It took me forever to calculate the resist, as I am mathematically challenged. I also had to think what my silk ratio would be as this affects shrinkage. The next one I make will have more wool and with more overlap on the front and, perhaps I will play with some asymmetry. This took me a few days to complete in and out of the studio and I am hoping to get another done this weekend. Wouldn't that be a treat? (I am excited now!).

I am sooo sorry, you all, that I did not document the process. My camera batteries were dead and I knew I could not delay! I will for the next one!

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

15 comments:

vilterietje said...

wowzer! this could write "riet" on it too! ilovit, ilovit, ilovit!
love, riet:)

Gwen said...

My english is not good - so I say it in german: Superschöne Weste - genial - traumhaft schön - ich bin begeistert :-)

Greetings Gwen

GalaFilc said...

nice color and ALL perfect!

Carol said...

Oh my goodness. I have always loved everything you make but this is just stunning!!!!

Zorica-Filzlaus said...

Very nice!

Csíki mama said...

Gyönyörű, super, gratulálok!!!

Plastusia said...

Wow, wow. Beautiful colours and texture! I love it!

Patty Biermans said...

This is very, very beeeeautiful!!! You are a great artist.. The colors, texture, everything... Can't wait for the pictures of the next one. Hugzz..Peebee

Unknown said...

Love love love it. How much will they sell for I need to start saving!!! I m crazy for Canadian made clothing

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Not for sale :o). Thanks for the kind words!

Sue Pinner said...

stunning...l wouldn't part with it either...love it

wollkisterl said...

Wow, this vest is realy a dream! I can´t fond the right words for your famous vest.
greetings Elke

Jasmine said...

Its amazing. I'm not surprised that you want to keep hold of it. Enjoy :)

Meagan said...

Andrea,
I really appreciate your work. This post caught me in that you mentioned the rate of shrinkage. Do you know of a good on-line site that would help a newbie like me to figure out the shrinkage before I do a project? I usually just guess, with mixed results!

Andrea Graham-Artist said...

Meagan,
Felting Fashion is a good book...your shrinkage will vary as well with how much wool you use. The only way to figure it our for sure is to make a sample, weigh your wool and calculate.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus