Monday, August 8, 2011

Roller Coaster

Ahhh, yes. The ups and downs. Anticipation followed by fear and, in the end, exhilaration. The perfect metaphor, no?

In fact, I am not talking metaphors, but reality. I spent the day with the family in Toronto at Canada's Wonderland. Lots of coasters and spinning/tilting/high flying rides that made me question why I drank 32 ounces of $8 cherry slushie. We stayed at a real hotel with a heavily chlorinated pool and minibar. We ate good food with napkins in our laps and junk food too. We braved Toronto traffic and played silly on-the-road games while I endured lots of boy behavior that, at this stage in my parenting, makes me smile more than it makes me scowl (mostly). What a sweet 2 days.

Okay...so the metaphor applies.

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Is that you in the front car of the coaster there, yelling "ahhhhhh!"?
Sounds like great family fun!

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus